JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Test Results and Stubbornness

Oy. So I got a call from my sister that she spoke with Dad who heard from a nurse at his doctor's office. Supposedly, they looked at the chest x-ray and it looks normal, but they want to do a CT scan. My dad doesn't want to bother with the CT scan because he's convinced that it is just pneumonia and he doesn't want to get the radiation. I'm surprised that my dad didn't bother contacting me. I'll try calling after he gets back from taking my mom out to dinner, which won't be for hours.

I'm not sure what to do with him. He needs to get this scan, I think. I'm not sure if anyone out there knows anything about lung cancer, but is it possible that he has it but it just didn't show up on the chest x-ray? Grr, who knows if he is even telling the truth though. I wouldn't put it past him to have the doctor's office tell him one thing and then for him to tell us something altogether different. He's so secretive.

There are all of these new people reading my blog (and old friends), it really makes me feel supported. Thanks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma--This is interesting, and I don't know enough to guess, but...why didn't the doctor order a CT scan first? I would imagine that he/she expected to find the worst with the x-ray. If it's true that nothing showed up, well, I guess the doctor still wants to know what's causing the symptoms, if possible. So that's where the CT scan comes in--maybe it's something chronic? But the important point is, maybe you can breathe just a little easier tonight? Even this partial information seems to point to what it's NOT--advanced stage of cancer. Hang in there--it's looking up!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:06:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thank god!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma...I think at one point or another we are all stubborn.We hide things from our parents because we dont want to worry them and in turn they do the same. Thank God...the tests came back negative..please dont stress yourself any longer about this. I would however encourgage your da to get the CT scan, just to be safe. Take care
Peg

Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]