JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, July 07, 2006

One Day at a Time


I found this cartoon that I thought is fitting for me. I'm barely functioning right now; I'm in shock. I'm finding the situation laughable when I tell others about it in person. I'm trying to be easy on myself. My therapist suggests that I try to get as much done as possible right now to prepare for my dad getting diagnosed.

I spoke with my lawyer and he recommended that I get a power of attourney signed by my dad for my mom, since he has power of attorney for her. I spoke with him about it and he said not to worry that he's got everything figured out and he plans on being around for a long time.

I was glad to hear him so optimistic but I just don't know what to think. My sister still can't sell her house and has no alternate plans if she doesn't sell the house. She's intent on moving, but if she doesn't sell the house in the next couple of weeks (which it looks like is going to happen) then they're going to not move by default, I guess. I'm so frustrated with her. She said that maybe they'll just put off their move or something, and I just can't believe that she can't compromise on buying a new house in Kansas City. She could just rent, and they could both plan on getting jobs. But, they don't want to have to work. They want to be able to live off of the income of selling their old house....which isn't going to happen it seems. Grrrrr.

I have to focus on the things that I can have an influence over, but it is hard to stay motivated and focused. My friend Carly blew my off tonight, which I'm pretty disappointed about. I just want to sit on the couch.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]