JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Waiting Game

So, dad went to the doctor who was "very concerned" and ordered a chest x-ray and blood work - both of which were already taken. Dad has an appointment to go over the results next Thursday, but he said that the doctor is supposed to call him if they see anything unusual. He couldn't stay on the phone long, and I just wrote what he said down to process.

So, now there's nothing to do but wait and see. I wonder how long it takes before the doctor gets the results back. A TB test wasn't even ordered, so it doesn't seem like that's even being considered as the problem. I still think that its probably lung cancer, but I'm not going to sit for a week freaking out about it, I hope...well, I'll try not to. Because at any time the doctor could call and tell us what's actually going on, right? God, I hope the doctor gets the actual x-ray and blood work back today, but I doubt it. Augh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma--I'm thinking of you. I think you're like me, wanting to prepare yourself for the worst case scenario by expecting it. But, even if it were "that" scenario, it can still be treated, believe it or not. We tend to remember the sad stories, but there are also hopeful ones. I'm going to have to go rummage around a bit, but I DO have a book that I've recently read by a doctor who is considering the role that hope plays in any patient's prognosis, and several of the stories are remarkable. It's not a "feel-good" book, but rather a look at some of his experiences throughout his career treating people with serious illness. I'll see if I can find it amongst my vast personal library (that's piled in wobbly piles all over the place--you'd never know that I work in a library...)

Friday, July 07, 2006 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks, Deb. Are you refering to "Love, Medicine, and Miracles?" I love that book. If he has lung cancer, it has been going on for a long time and is probably not in an early stage. He also doesn't believe in chemotherapy or radiation. I may have to struggle with him to even have a surgery. I appreciate your optimism though :)

Friday, July 07, 2006 10:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma--The book is called The Anatomy of Hope by Jerome Groopman.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Ooohhhh, interesting. Thanks.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]