JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Another Migraine, a Drugged Night, and No More Occupational Therapy

I've been fighting off a migraine for almost a week now. I've had these wierd pains moving around on each side of my head, my neck, my shoulders. And I went to acupunture and have been avoiding triggering foods. I even got *A* to rub stuff on to my back before bed. Still, I woke up at 5am with some of the most intense pain I've ever felt on the left side of my head. I took 2 advil, but it didn't help, so I went downstairs and took 2 aspirin and an Imitrex. It was the first time that I've taken that. I passed out shortly afterwards.

Then, at 6am, my cell phone rings. Then, I hear notification that a voicemail was left, and then another phone call. I was so annoyed, but worried maybe someone had died or something.

It was someone from Mom's occupational therapy company pleading with me to help. Dad cancelled it because there was an error and something was being sent to Mom's facility. She said that they really think that the occupational therapy is helping her, so if we won't go with her company to go somewhere else, but also that they've rectified the situation.

So this morning, I call Dad to see what the story is and he's beligerent - no more occupational therapy because he doesn't see that it helps and he doesn't want to deal with this company anymore. And no more chinese moss either.

I am so angry with him and just upset that he is so unwilling to try things to help Mom. But, on an up note, my migraine has gone away completely.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma--I don't wonder why you had migraine! All the emotional upheaval and change of the past couple of weeks! I had an awful one last weekend, so I'm sympathizing deeply. I often feel pre-migraine right after I get past some stressful event. But I'm sorry your father isn't going with the therapy--but just remember that your Mom has the homemaker you arranged for, and that has got to be just as valuable to her well-being. My guess is that whenever she sees the homemaker, she'll also see you--I find my mother making connections like that more easily now, kind of blurring the lines. In your mother's case, it might mean that she still thinks you're close by--which is very comforting for both of you. Time for you to pay more attention to your self!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 8:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS--I'm glad you have your doggie with you!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Deb. What a lovely thought: I had hoped this as well because we have the same name, but I hope that she feels me there a little bit. The question is if I can find a better way to cope with the stress other than to have it manifest itself in my body.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma,

Take care of yourself - this is more than anyone should have to deal with!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]