JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm Not Broken

Well, the anxiety did get a bit intense today, but I let myself feel it and tried to do nice things for myself, and I got through it. As night came, I had a faucet of tears, which turns out are more now about Mom and Grandma than about PTSD. I read this book about grief and cried until I felt done. Then, I put on "Five Pennies" starring my favorites Danny Kaye and Louie Armstrong and poured myself a conac that I bought for myself today at Trader Joe's and snuggled with my dog. Despite all of the pressure and stresses in my life, I am moving past the events of 10 years ago.

p.s. I tried to call Mom tonight to tell her goodnight, but the care manager told me that Mom was asleep, even though I called 20 minutes before her earliest bedtime (we gave them an hour range).

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Good, good, good. Cognac warms the soul.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]