JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

April_optimist created some very positive, very do-able New Year's resolutions that I'd like to come back and look at again from time to time. I especially like how she talks about working every day to appreciate life. This sort of thing comes so easy to my Mom; I think I need practice - focusing on the positive, loving and accepting myself.

Labels: , , ,

Link

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Something I've been thinking over the last few posts I've read here in which you've mentioned your Mom...she sounds like my mom...positive, optimistic, always ready to make lemonade out of lemons (although, truth be told, she loves lemons, sugared or not).
Maybe, Karma, one of the reasons you and your mom have this special bond is that, despite everything, you actually inherited seeds of sweetness and positivity, but the distractions of other people and circumstances in your life have retarded their growth, a bit. I see they're beginning to sprout, though. I don't think you have to work that hard to keep them going. I think they may be your mother's legacy to you, and only you.
Lucky daughter!

Saturday, February 10, 2007 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]