JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Friend Nearly Dies in Childbirth

One of my best friends nearly died giving birth to her child. The baby is fine, but my friend started hemorraging and after several hours, had an emergency hysterectomy. Then, her blood was clotting everywhere but where needed, and there was a danger of stroke. She has lost a lot of blood. Thank god, today I finally got to speak with her, and she's doing much better. I'm probably going to Indiana to help out with the new baby - just not sure when to go - maybe this weekend or maybe not til next month.

The whole thing stressed me out so much that I woke up at 1am with a migraine. It didn't help that Jerry was kinda blowing me off last night - we had plans and then he kept saying he was busy and when I would call him seemed distracted and almost annoyed at me or something. I eventually asked him to come over to comfort me - and he said he wanted to do some work first and then only called me after 11pm (my bedtime). Grr. When I texted him though after getting a call from him this morning, he texted back "What can I do for you?"

Augh - clearly, my body just cannot handle a lot of stress.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Wow! I'm glad your friend, and the baby, I assume, are okay, but what a horror! Bless you for going out to help.
Sounds to me like Jerry has intimacy issues with everyone but himself, although it also sounds like he's capable of coming around if given some distance.
Take it easy, Karma. Trust in change...it'll lead you forward to feeling better.

Friday, April 20, 2007 7:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh - hey is this someone we went to high school with? How awful. So happy to hear she came through. Great of you to go out and help - I'm sure she'll be glad to see you after such a life threatening experience. Glad you didn't loose a loved one.
S.

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

It is a friend of mine from Israel/after high school. Thanks for the support.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Marj aka Thriver said...

Hang in there while you're helping your friend and dealing with the stress.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]