JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Wanted: Survivor Poetry - Queer or Trans

I'm leading a poetry workshop next weekend for queer and trans youth who have survived sexual violence, and I need some examples/models. So, if you know of any poetry written by youth, queer, or trans people about surviving sexual violence, please mention it in the comments. Thanks!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marj aka Thriver said...

You might want to try survivors art foundation (dot org, I think). I bet they have a lot of youth poetry at least.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I got some information. See below:
Dangerous Families:
Queer Writing on Surviving (which does include some poetry -- including Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarsinha and Daphne Gottlieb);
Sapphire's American Dreams

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]