JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Small Steps - A List

Here's a recommendation from April:

"And if we don’t like who we are, we can make a list of who we would like to be and then small steps we can take in the right direction for each change we would like to make. Taking action, any action, will make us feel better—if we choose steps we can achieve AND if we give ourselves permission sometimes to stumble along the way. We can look for people who believe in us, even when we have trouble believing in ourselves and who will encourage us to become the best we can be WITHOUT berating us for where we are now."

Who I Want To Be:
  1. I want to be someone with lots of friends - someone who is a good friend and who has lots of good friends.
  2. I want to be less anxious and handle stress with more grace.
  3. I want be someone grounded in a family and family life.
  4. I want to be a successful sociologist.
  5. I want to make positive contributions to the world.
  6. I want to be someone who enjoys life and who explores the world around me.
  7. I want to be someone who takes vacations.
  8. I want to loyal and dependable.
If someone else has similar issues, consider making a list for yourself. Let me know in the comments if you do.

4 Comments:

Blogger therapydoc said...

Quite a wonderful blog, and a very nice list. You're already there.

Monday, August 20, 2007 8:40:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

Love the list.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I haven't followed the guidelines for the list completely, I have recently started an exercise in gratitude, where early on in the day I focus and list things in my life that I feel are positive. It helps me start off my day with something wonderful as opposed to focusing on all I do not have/have not yet achieved. Hope the list works out for you!!

Friday, August 24, 2007 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks guys. I actually am trying to start posting to my "gratitude" blog more regularly again.

Friday, August 24, 2007 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]