JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Not My Day

So, I get to the airport yesterday at 10am for what I think is a 11am flight. I get to the check in desk, and there's no one around. I see on the flight list, that there is an outgoing flight at 9:30 and at 12:30, but nothing at 11am. So, I look back on my itinerary and realize that I was supposed to arrive in Phoenix at 11am, but my flight left at 9:30am!!!

After waiting for about half an hour, I finally call US Airways. They say that they'll notify the guy that I'm here and ask him to come out. He puts me on the 12:30 flight, but the only flight that I can make out of Phoenix is at 6:30, getting me into Kansas City at 10:23pm. I call Dad and explain, very embarrassed. But, clearly this is a sign that I'm under WAAAAAAYYY too much stress.

In Phoenix, I get a message from *A*. He was contacted (somehow) by some other airline in LA saying that they have my bag. He says that he gave them my cell number. So about 30 minutes later, I get a call from that airline asking me to come pick up my bag at LAX.

I go to my airline's consumer relation's desk and am told that I should wait until I get to Kansas City and fill out a missing baggage report there. Augh! I explain that since my bag is untagged (according to the other airline) and just sitting around, that they need to at least get in contact with them and get my bag in their possession. The woman gets the other airline to at least tag my bag, but that's it.

Then, my flight doesn't get in until 10:40, which was actually on time, the guy had just told me wrong. I still don't have my bag this morning. It was lost for awhile, but apparently will be coming in from Chicago in a couple of hours.

My airline doesn't want to give me any sort of compensation for this, and everyone I've spoken with has given me the run around and not been much help. I seriously may be done traveling back and forth to Kansas City.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh snap!!! I'm so sorry thank god they found your bag. What a bizarre situation. Better found than lost forever I suppose. When you pick up the bag, perhaps you can insist to talk to a manager and insist on compensation.

S.
PS: We're all human and we make mistakes. I've done the same thing and worse regarding misremembering flight times, hell even forgetting my id at home!! Chalk it up to human error and please don't dwell on it too long.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Appa said...

That sucks! But atleast they found your baggage. One of my friend's sister lost hers when she came from Ireland!
It would have been nice if they had given you some compensation! Ah well, here is your excuse to buy more clothing ;)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

I still don't have my bag yet, but they did find it last night finally.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger April_optimist said...

What a rough day! Flying isn't fun even under the best of circumstances. So glad you finally got your bag. Did they deliver it after midnight? Seems like that's when they always deliver mine when mine has been misplaced....

Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

They wanted to deliver it at 1am, but I asked them to bring it in the morning - which led to 2pm the next day.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

Glad they found your bag, and be thankful you're in the same country as it, at least, with helpful staff who'll tag it and speak a common language with you! (If you want some nightmare stories of lost bags in transit across Europe that never reappear, I'm your girl.)

Sending you a hug, and yes, chalk it up to stress. You're SO not done travelling in and out of that divine little airport! Hope all is well in KC, thinking of you x

Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]