JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Great Day!

I had a fantastic day today. This morning, I went to a seminar offered by hospice where I got a lot of my questions finally answered. I then spoke with my dad about what happened, and we arranged to sit down with my sister when I'm in town and talk about how things are with Mom and what can be done to make her more comfortable. He also went through his denial a bit about what our situation is and how bad things are with Mom.

Then, my friends came by my place, and we drove into wine country for a tasting. We immediately ran into another friend and just lost track of time at the first winery, savoring the taste of really amazing wines. Then, we made it to my favorite winery - a place both sustainable and organic. I became a member, so I can go by 9 times a year to pick up a shipment of two wines and have a free tasting with a friend or two. My date guy arranged for us to get free tastings there.

Then, we made a vegan picnic out at a park. It was cold, but fun. We just sat around and talked and laughed. It felt so good just to hang out and be a person.

When we came back and two stayed to watch a movie. It was a lot of fun. And one friend made me this amazing ceramic vase. Another friend came even though she's doing a fast and couldn't eat or drink anything. Screw that others who I thought were my friends blew me off; I had a great time.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karma,

Reading your post about a great day is a good start to my day - hope you have many good days in store.

Monday, September 17, 2007 4:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! So it was a success!!!!! I was so happy to read that you enjoyed and savored your day, plus you lived in the moment. I'm very proud. Plus, it's cool you made your desires a reality in celebration of your birthday. Lived it up!! :)

Will give you a buzz soon, perhaps you can tell me more details!!!

Love S.

Monday, September 17, 2007 9:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]