JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, September 17, 2007

SOOOO Done With *A*

I asked my friend A for a ride home from the airport on my way back, and here's his reply:
"I suppose I can do it, but I'm not terribly excited about driving 25 miles round trip and spending an hour on a work night to give you a 3 mile lift. Is there really nobody in [your part of town] that can help you out that night? You know I don't mind doing you favors, but this one seems to put me out more than it really helps you out. I would be more understanding if it [city 45 minutes away] or somewhere else you needed a ride from."

I am SO done with him. He has his mail sent here, never comes to pick it up, expects me to go meet him near his part of town and on his terms (eating lunch after 1pm even though I'm hypoglycemia and only near his office and if he has nothing better to do in the evening, although still only somewhere he'd go to anyway). This man is not my friend. He's just not my friend. I am going to have to take a $20 cab ride instead of having my supposed best friend meet me at the airport and then take me home to decompress a bit. Grrr.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh shit! After all you've done for him! I'm so sorry, hell I'd drive you an hr. to the airport if necessary, because that's just what good friends do. It's decent. Not an eye for an eye thing, just friendly. I'm real sorry you're finding out in this way. Personally, I think he needs to get his mail somewhere else. grrrr!

hang in there,
S.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

That's exactly what I told him - if he can't drive 15 minutes to pick me up from the airport and get his mail after 1 month of not getting it or seeing me, then he can have his mail sent somewhere else!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I'm not stepping over the line of friendly advice too far, but I think you're going to have to demand he send it else where. Or you will be forced to throw it in the garbage. His behavior is ridiculous, to expect favors in kind from you and only give in return when convenient. I do hope when you return to CA you'll take a stand and be proud you won't let this continuous user behavior continue. I've got one word for A - P.O. Box. Enough is enough. S.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

The thing that really drives me crazy about his email is that he says that he doesn't have an hour to waste on a worknight - - when part of that hour would be hanging out with me! It only takes 15 minutes to get to the airport; I live 5 minutes from the airport. And then its another 15 minutes back to his house.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all an excuse. I keep marveling at how some things take a fraction of the time that we build up in our heads it will take. For example, you can unload your dishwasher and put everything away in the time passed during a commercial break of your fav. tv show. But in my head, it seems like it'd take 20 major minutes and I have to schedule time for it. I know this is a lame/minor example, but I think it's human nature, when we don't want to do something, we assume it'll take up too much of our time, which leads to making excuses. Plus how much of your free time (collectively) have you spent shlepping him around town after he's been out partying?

Friday, September 21, 2007 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

That's just it - anytime he does anything with me at all, he seems to think that he's doing me some sort of favor. Like if I go downtown to have lunch with him near his office and bring him his mail, even though we have to meet at 1pm, which is late for me and messes with my blood sugar, he has this attitude like he's doing me some favor. He refuses to adjust in any way to not only do anything for me, but to even see me. I literally have not seen him in like a month.

So, the only time we ever see each other is when I go to see him on his time table. He's consistently not there for me.

Friday, September 21, 2007 9:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]