JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sense of Humor

Okay, you have to have a sense of humor about yourself. Here's mine right now. Feel free to laugh with me: In the last two days, I've had three dates all around eating sushi at two different restaurants. One was with a woman. I've kissed two men in the last two days. I've slept with one. I unsuccessfully attempted to take the front wheel off my bike to get it to the bike shop and scratched up my car. The woman date saved me by bringing in her truck to the shop after I desperately went so far as to call Jerry who told me that he'd help me if I gave him a back massage. My research team member asked in a team meeting "what's going on with [Karma] getting paid." Rest of research team: Karma gets paid in cultural capital.

Life is funny. The last two days have been funny.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bruce said...

Hi, I've just caught up with your blog. I've got my 89 year old mother living with me and my bf in a studio apartment (Her house is too big, and I can't stay over there too long). She usually knows who I am.

Feeling for you.

Friday, September 07, 2007 3:25:00 AM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Oops! You didn't say [Karma]!

Friday, September 07, 2007 3:25:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Wow, that doesn't sound like an easy situation. Good for you!

Friday, September 07, 2007 8:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]