JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Things That Make Me Smile

April suggested that I make a list of things that make me smile. So here goes:

  1. Danny Kaye movies
  2. sushi
  3. licks and snuggles from my dog in the morning
  4. going out for brunch on Sunday
  5. talking to my niece and/or nephew
  6. getting comments on my blog
  7. pedicures with a friend
  8. getting a facial or massage
  9. meeting someone new and interesting
  10. hanging out with good friends
  11. going out for a really nice meal
  12. having someone cook for me
  13. presents - giving and receiving
  14. my herb garden
  15. l-word
  16. anything wonder woman
  17. good, non-offensive comedy
  18. a really nice glass of wine
  19. going wine tasting
  20. completing a project
  21. getting published
  22. receiving compliments
  23. how cute my dog looks after getting groomed
  24. hearing a really fabulous song
  25. a good concert
  26. how excited my dad is to hear from me when I call him (like every day)
  27. buying something for myself or my place that I really like
  28. looking really good when getting dressed up
  29. when students call me "professor"
  30. walking on the beach
  31. reading my poetry in public
Now its your turn! Let me know if you decide to make a list like this.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

Wonderful list! I was smiling just reading it. Good for you! I hope you're able to do things from that list every single day.

Saturday, September 01, 2007 2:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]