JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Next Date, Memory Walk

Well, I'm glad that I made it to the Memory Walk. Even though I only really talked with this woman I had met at an earlier talk on Alzheimer's who joined my team, I was glad to participate. I was sad though when I saw whole families participating in support of one of their family member's with Alzheimer's. How sad, I thought that my family doesn't come together to do this - not for my Mom, not for Grandma. Maybe next year, I'll try to organize Dad, my sister and her family, Mom's cousin, and whomever else I can drag up to all do it together. And Mom, of course, if she's still around.

The date tonight was funny. The guy has this nervous energy and can't stop twitching his legs. He smokes, drinks A LOT (so he says), is bipolar, does drugs (or at least pot so he mentions), is kinda anti-Israel, has a 21 year old kid, and hmmm....what else is there? I mean there's something sexy about him and I think I'll keep an open mind about him enough to meet him once more just to see what comes up BUT it was humorous how off the whole thing was. He even laughed about how he was saying all the wrong things for a first date.

Tomorrow night, I'm going to hang out with Jerry, which should be interesting. I also emailed back the other date that I had and asked if we could put off seeing each other til next weekend because this week is packed. I didn't mention that I'm meeting a third guy. The guy that I REALLY want to meet lives about an hour away and doesn't seem so interested in driving in for a date, but I'm loving having these dates just about practicing first dates and getting out. It takes all the pressure off of it having to go anywhere or trying to get the guy to see me in a certain way. I couldn't help tonight though thinking that I'd rather be on a date with a woman!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]