JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Dropped by the Local Alzheimer's Association

I am so hurt and angry. Here's what happened: I've been participating in a support group through the Alzheimer's Association for adult children of a parent with Alzheimer's. Last month, I got a call from the leader telling me that she would no longer be leading the group. I called the Alzheimer's Association and spoke with someone on three separate occasions. Despite that I offered to find someone to lead the group and to make calls to group participants, the Association has COMPLETELY blown me off, given me contradictory information, and at one point came out and told me that the group isn't a priority.

One of the things I was told is that there's a group with another organization to go to that's about parents with aging parents. But, I was given the wrong address, so after a long day and missing my workout to make the timing, I drove around looking for an address that doesn't exist.

At that point, I'm also without enough time to get home for long before my next meeting, which is held in the same building as the Alzheimer's Association. So, I decided to go and see if there was someone to talk to face to face about all of this. And there was, but this guy blew me off and pretended like he really cares when he's the same one I spoke with on the phone and has been messing me around for the last month.

And on my mother's birthday!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it's all so overwhelming and annoying right now...Please, if you are awake at those hours... give me a call! That's why G-d created friends in other timezones!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]