JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Results of Investigation by Kansas' Department on Aging

I received a letter from the Kansas Department of Aging sent a month and a half or two months after I called. I complained about my mother's lack of care, specifically about the lack of people at the facility to feed her, give her liquids, turn her, provide medication when needed, etc. -- basic care sort of issues. I just got a letter back which says that an investigation was launched because of my complaint and "as a result of this investigation, deficiencies were cited."

My hope is that the facility will go back to my father and encourage him to raise hours of the private CNA care for Mom. I haven't heard of them doing that though, and I'm not sure if I should call and speak to the executive director or just leave it. If they were to find out that I had launched the investigation, there could be retribution against Mom, and Dad would be very angry.

I'm back at home now, very happy to be here, but VERY stressed out about the work load. I have more to do than I can possibly do. I didn't sleep well last night. I want to work on creating a social life for myself here but I don't have time for that. I only have time for work and trying to get my home in order. I don't even have time to get to therapy probably this week, which is ridiculous, but apparently my committee member is going to throw me something last minute to do at the time I had therapy scheduled.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marj aka Thriver said...

I read your posts and I just feel so overwhelmed for you with all that is on your plate, physically and emotionally. I wish you rest, friend!

Monday, January 12, 2009 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger April_optimist said...

I'm glad you're back home but sorry there is so much stress. Good for you that you got an investigation launched. You are often in my thoughts.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]