JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dad's About to Decide on a Home

Dad called me and told me that he saw the last of the facilities in the county that are assisted living for people with Alzheimer's. He narrowed it down to two places - one that is six years old and super posh and another that is brand new that my mom seemed to like. I guess he took her today to places with him. She seemed to like one place, but at another place was a little upset. I'm just really scared about what's going to happen. I found the first place on the web, and it looks nice, but kinda hickish and with really old people. My mom is so young; she's only 61 years old. If she gets moved, the place may not let me come and see her while I'm in town because she'll be adjusting. I'm going to go work out in a minute because I just feel really shakey right now. Dad's going to ask Mom which place she liked better, and I guess let her decide tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of curiousity in what way does it look hickish? Is it out in the country or on a farm? Just wondering.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

It looks country-ish and the pictures of the nurses are all these blonde White women with bangs. I know that it was a bitchy comment :P

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]