JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Shock: Alzheimer's and Offensive Family Friends

I finally got it together to call back my dad's best friend (who contacted me to tell me that my dad isn't doing so hot) and her answering machine was so freakin offensive. It said something like "We're out at the movies seeing Brokeback Mountain II staring Hillary Clinton and Angelina Jolie."
I almost couldn't leave a message. I didn't say anything on her machine about the message, but I think that I should when she calls.

Anyway, I'm in such shock from everything that's going on that I'm having a hard time getting anything done. I still am struggling to work, and now I sort of have lost my focus also on healing. I feel like I have to just gear up for the trip and am just on survival mode. I notice that I'm not writing as much on the blog, and I think the above is a big part of that. My therapist says that I need to not assume that people don't want to hear about this stuff, to say to my friends that I'll lean on you as much as I need but you can tell me when its getting to be too much so that I leave that decision in your hands, and that I have to not completely close down. I somehow have to keep processing things and talking about them, even if it is online on the blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If knowing that I'm out there, listening in any way helps you -- then I am here. I've assumed the same of my core unit of friends and I suppose that causes a disconnect because they do not have an inkling of what you are going through -- not even the resolution of said problems (which I am making it a point to reveal after revealing problems which have arisen). I am not making much sense, sorry I've been in meetings all morning. Anyways, I am out here K, listening if you need it. When are you leaving for KC?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

It does help knowing that you're out there listening. I'll be in KC May 2-7.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]