JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Now a Serious Infection

I am so frustrated with this. I have really horrible pain in my tooth and gums. I had an allergic reaction yesterday to the antibiotic I was on. I had to really push to be seen by an endodontist, who is charging me $100 and said to just wait it out and gave me steroids and more antiobiotics. He also warned that all of this flying makes everything worse. I'm really afraid right now because I just really feel like something's really wrong. I don't trust these endodontists because they all tell me something different, and nothing is making this better. I'm afraid to have the tooth pulled because my dentist is seriously against it, and it sounds like a painful and expensive procedure. I'm dizzy and tired all the time and just really out of it. I have no energy to work. And, dental procedures are really scary for people with PTSD. Not to mention that my dad made a really big deal about not wanting me to have the root canal in the first place and thinks I should have the tooth pulled. I feel cold all the time (although I took temp. and don't have a fever); my stomach hurts. I'm just really frightened. *A* has been going to the pharmacy for me, which has been a big help, and my dentist was nice enough to get me into an endodontist this morning, but I really feel like no one has really figured out what's going on and knows if they can fix it. It might get worse and they seem to have no good options. Everything is painful, expensive, time consuming, and I'm supposed to somehow get on a plane next week and fly back to KC (and so dentists really don't even want to start anything here). Does anyone else have experience with root canals?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and i have both had root canals done..and i dont recommend them at all. The one i had done..still gives me problems...i thought they pulled the nerves out of it, so why does it hurt? I also had the tooth i had a root canal done on shatter and craqck into many peices. I think most dentists recommend root canals so they can guarentee business in a few years. Its all a money making thing. I do a root canal on someone make $300..they comeback in a few years..have it pulled make $150 more. I sure hope you get better soon...i feel your pain...its the worst kind of pain.
TC
Peg

Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Peg. I'm really tempted to have it pulled. I hate taking all of these antibiotics nor do I understand why I'm in so much pain when supposedly, like you say, I've already had the root canal done. Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one! My dad wants me to have it pulled; he has from the beginning.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 8:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]