JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Campfire: Warning for Survivors

I just finished watching this Israeli movie. I thought I'd take some time off for myself. And then, halfway into the movie, there is this scene of child molestation which becomes a central theme throughout the rest of the movie, although not handled well, which probably happened a lot. Probably happens a lot. But still, not what I needed. Any other survivors of sexual violence may want to avoid the movie, even though it is otherwise a good movie.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Whoa, Karma! What a good idea...reverse recommendations for survivors of all kinds of abuse and PTSD! There's so much "out there" and the media, itself, is so indiscriminate when it comes to recommendations for people in recovery...Bravo!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]