JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Question for Caretakers: How does it affect your relationships?

Well, I realize that all of my kvetching about my relationship with *A* may not be so relevant to all of my caretaker readers. But, I realize what the connection is: For me, the situation with my mom and all of the other crisis have taken a toll on my relationships with others. I don't have as much energy to put into others like I used to because my energy gets focused onto my mom. Some friends seem sick of hearing about it. I can understand that it must be a hard thing to deal with.

So here's my question to my fellow careatakers: How has caretaking affected your relationships with others (other than the person you're taking care of)?

If you decide to answer this question on your own blog, please link to it in the comment section here.

Labels: ,

Link

4 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

The question is intriguing. I've talked about this, although not organized around this question, here and there in my journal, obliquely. Thus, what intrigues me about answering is that it will give me a chance to scour my experiences, the resulting observations in my journa, and put them into one frame. My intention is to answer, maybe today, at my journal, to which I will leave a link.

Sunday, October 15, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has affected my realationship with not only my husband, but my children as well. I spent so much time with Mom, doing what was needed. I have sence realized this and am doing more with them. I have less stress, since i have let my sister take over, and life is more enjoyable, and I have more qualitiy time for my family.

Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger Gail Rae said...

Okay, Karma, here's my answer...wordy, as usual. Forgive this, please.

Monday, October 16, 2006 1:06:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I know that I let myself go for stretches of time forgetting about contributing to my relationships with other, but still really needing them to contribute to me BUT I think it is important to keep awareness of it.

Monday, October 16, 2006 9:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]