JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mom Called

The woman that I hired to come in and help take care of Mom called me today and put Mom on the phone. She told me that she got the card that I sent her.

Me: I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you.

Mom: I'm thinking about you too.

Me: And I miss you.

Mom: I miss you too.

Mom tells me that the caretaker brought her dog, which she enjoys.
She was very sweet on the phone, and I could tell that she knew who she was talking to. She sounded happy, and even though she started told me a story that I know isn't completely true (because she wanted to talk to me but didn't remember her story), it was comforting.

Me: So how do you feel today?

Mom: Better now. (This means that she was anxious when she was alone, but now that the caretaker is there, she feels okay.)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

One of my favorite parts of caregiver blogs is the recording of conversations. They are never trivial, although often simple. It is the simplicity, I think, that carries such incredible weight.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Gail. I think that it is so incredible too that at this point in the disease - stage 6 (out of 7), she's able to have this sort of conversation. I'm so grateful.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger H said...

I live for those moments! And I do every time I go to visit Grandma, but usually those moments are few and far between, and I can't help feel disappointed when I leave. Take them when you get them!

Friday, October 20, 2006 6:41:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Me too, Holly. I haven't seen you around here for awhile; I appreciate your comment.

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]