JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

More Perspective From Reading an Old Journal

Looking back at these entries that I wrote summer 2005, it seems really clear to me the track that I've been on: I took a lot of emotional risks without really valueing my own needs. And I got my heart broken by an Israeli man named Omer who got really serious about me really fast and then freaked himself out by how fast it was going. And here's the theme that I see playing out over and over again: I put others needs above my own. I NEED to start putting more value on my needs. This sounds really stupid and basic, but for some reason, I haven't been getting it. I honestly don't know if I CAN do it. It's going to be baby steps.

So here's my request for all of my regular readers: If you notice me following this pattern, please point it out to me. Thanks :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

No, Karma, this isn't about any pattern of yours I've noticed, but I want to tell you, I'm pleased to see that you are familiar with Maslow; I've found him a great inspiration at different periods in my life. The nice thing about Maslow's writings, too, is that, as well as being detailed and thoughtful, they are also gentle and exhilarating. Be detailed, thoughtful, gentle and exhilarating with yourself, Karma, and you'll never go wrong for long.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

I could be a LOT ruder about The O Files than you are letting yourself be. Yes, you have a degree of responsibility and deferred to him, but he still behaved like a jerk. And not just because you let him.

Taking the baby steps with you from the other side of the world

xxx

Sunday, October 08, 2006 7:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]