JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Some Perspective and Gratitude

Gail at "The Mom and Me Journals" was generous enough to post some thoughts and comments about my blog. She's got a great blog; I learn a lot there - about caregiving, about blogging and carnivals, about honoring your relationship with your mother, and not losing yourself in the process.

So much time has passed since I started this blog that it is easy to lose sight of where I've been even in the last few months: my ups and downs with my dad and my best friend *A*; how much support I've gotten from my friends Kathy, Sanchi, and my fellow bloggers; the extremes of what my mom's facility is supposed to be and the reality of what it is; and the amount of time and thought that I've really invested this year into making my mom's life as comfortable as possible. Thanks Gail. Reading this on Yom Kippur too, when I'm trying to evaluate where I am in life and what I want to work on in the coming year, well the timing is perfect.

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

My pleasure, Karma, and, thank you, as well. Carry on.

Monday, October 02, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thank you both! It is very comforting to know that my story is being heard. I am grateful to have found so many supportive readers who support my journey.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]