JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Family Arguments and Healing

Someone referred me to a local doctor of osteopathic medicine who specializes in neuromusculoskeletal medicine. I got a referral from my health insurance, which was somewhat difficult because I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen.

But, I had my first appointment today, and I do feel good about how it went. I took two hours, most of which was spent with me on my back and the doctor feeling around my body, paying special attention to injuries around my upper left back/shoulder and poking and stretching. He asked a lot of questions about my medical history, and I really appreciated that when he would be in an awkward position (aka would naturally be looking at my breasts or something), he would close his eyes. I don't know how to describe it; he just made me feel very comfortable.

He confirmed that I have some serious problems going on with my back. He seriously asked if I was dropped as a child. I think that a lot of the problem is stress related. The doctor said that I might notice a drop in my anxiety level from his treatments.

Anyway, I called my sister today. She made Mom an appointment to go to the gynecologist and called my father today to ask for Mom's health insurance card. She said that Dad freaked out about how he controls when Mom goes to a doctor and hung up on her. So she canceled the appointment for Mom. And now Dad and my sister aren't talking to each other. I was tempted to call Dad, but decided to not get in the middle.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]