JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Family: The Dream

Last night, I turned on my heat for the first time this season, and I put on some of these heating spielydiels on my neck and lower back. I took some cold medicine and conked out after what started to be a little bit of an emotional night, as I thought about the fact that 10 years ago I was getting ready to move to Israel (I left *A* and was raped).

I had been waking up early, stuffed up for the last few mornings, but this morning I woke up 10 minutes late. I had been having this dream - it seemed very real, so I must have been deeply asleep.

I was traveling with my parents and my sister, at a hotel somewhere. There was a warm and happy feeling. My sister kept going off by herself though, and we weren't sure where to find her. Then, we were all of a sudden getting ready for some sort of party. All of a sudden, my grandfather came to perform a brit mila on my nephew, and I was sitting around a table with my brother in law and father. We were all laughing about how we didn't want to see it, but were happy that it was happening.

That's when I woke up. I'm walking around now in kind of a daze - in part I think because of the dream and in part because I'm still a bit sick. There are lots of errands and places to be today, but it feels kinda good to be productive again.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you -
Just plugged back into the 'net, after a few much needed day at the beach. So sorry to hear you were sick over t-day weekend, glad to hear you are on the mend. I just had to respond to this post --- mainly because I can't believe it's been 10 yrs. since that journey to Israel. I've been thinking about it a lot in the back of my mind in the past few days, perhaps there is something about the anniversary date of things. You were the first close friend that went somewhere so far away, for so long. I still remember all the Hebrew words that were stuck to things in your apartment at the time, and I believe we went to see Evita before you left also (at a theatre that no longer exists btw). Anyways, my how time passes. I'll have to re-read your dream again, I've been having weird dreams too all weekend, but not about anyone I know. Wonder if it has anything to do with turning the heat on....hmmm.....S.

Monday, November 27, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I remember the Hebrew words all over my apartment and going to see Evita. I appreciate having such an old friend who remembers these sorts of things.

I think the dream has to do with the heat and the chinese food I ate the night before and things that are brewing and healing.

Monday, November 27, 2006 8:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma, I hope you keep the happy feeling in your waking hours - you deserve it!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]