JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mom Fell, I Feel Like Hell

I've been feeling crappy all day - I don't know if this is still the migraine or if I have a sinus infection or what. But, I've barely gotten anything done today. I really tried to work on the thesis, but I just can't concentrate and my vision is even a little fuzzy.

I spoke with my therapist about needing to not bring up issues towards the end of session and leaving them broadly open like we have the last two weeks. Like this whole issue with A, we left the session acknowledging the issue, but without any sense of where I'm going with it. I think that there might be tie between this and me getting sick later in the day after therapy both this week and last.

So, then, I'm pushing myself to walk my dog tonight and feeling lonely, and I thought to myself, I can call my mom. There's lots of snow and ice in Kansas City, so I wasn't sure who would be by to visit her or if the woman I hired to take care of her in the evenings would be able to make it over. Mom told me that she fell down earlier on her back. She sounded somewhat disoriented, and it kinda broke my heart when she asked me when I would be over. I told her that I'm flying back to town in a week and a half and she repeated "the 12th" when I told her the day I'll see her.

I called my dad who hadn't heard back Mom's back. (The facility is required to call him when there's an injury.) I asked him to call over there and find out what's going on and if Mom needs any pain meds. I then called my sister to let her know. She'll go tomorrow and let me know how Mom is.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Stupid question, but i'm assuming she fell inside the facility? I can't imagine they'd let anyone on the grounds in an icestorm. I checked on my parents last nite too, last year they both fell in the parking lot - darn nasty KC winters! I hope your mother is ok and that your dad took care of questioning the facility/getting your mom what she needs. You'll be in KC before you know it, wishing I could give you a hug. Instead, I'll just have my migrane keep your migrane company...we've had a sudden drop in temperature and I'm not doing so good myself this morning. Love you, S.

Friday, December 01, 2006 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Yeah, she said that she fell inside. But, then later when Dad called the staff, they claimed that she hadn't fallen.

Thanks S :)

Friday, December 01, 2006 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Gail Rae said...

Oh, god, I'm so sorry about your Mom's fall! I hope to find out, in a few posts, that it wasn't that serious!

Sunday, December 10, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

No, it wasn't serious. Actually, dad thinks that she didn't actually fall- was just making up a story to explain why her back ached...because she said she fell on stairs and there aren't any at her place....I still think she might of fell, but not seriously. Thanks.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]