JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, January 22, 2007

What I Felt When Grandma Died and My Family Dissolved

No one taught us what to do in such moments
Stuck in mud at the side of the river
We just looked at each other
Wondering what to do
Just push away
I suggested
Push away
Away

As we did the kayak flipped over
Into the cold water shock gush down
Feeling up and up and kayak stuck on top
Feeling around to the side and up
Gasp

Relief

Floating down the river
Can’t reach the kayak
Can’t reach my friend
Grab branch and pray.

5 Comments:

Blogger tafka PP said...

Had no idea you wrote poetry.

Wow.

And hugs.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 8:05:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Yeah, I've written for years, but nothing much recently other than this. There's a poem on here that I wrote last year about *Z*. This one is actually based on an experience I had in the Dan River in Israel. Maybe I should put that in the title? Hmmmm.....Hugs right back at you. Let's talk on the phone when you get back to Israel.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks, Joe!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger Gail Rae said...

...and float. Remember, the river knows its destination...which is always to the ocean. Buddhism equates water, especially oceanic bodies of water, with compassionate wisdom. The river, then, will take you there, if you stay with the river.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

That's very interesting Gail. Ironically, I think that the Dan River would have taken me into some Palestinian areas, but its a lovely metaphor that I'm going to try to think about today in regards to Jerry.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]