JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sister's Thinking About Moving Away, Jumping a Bit With the Date

My sister just called me and told me that she's thinking about moving away from Kansas City because her husband is having trouble finding work. I am SO frustrated. This is a response to my dad talking with her about not just living off of his money forever and someone in their family needing to work. So, my brother in law is thinking screw it, I'll just leave so my sister can't be around to help out. Argh! That would leave my dad alone again with things and more push on me to move back there. Maybe I'll do that anyway, but it would be nice if they would be around to help. Plus, I can't believe they would consider putting their kids through another move again after my niece missed a month of kindergarten, and the kids are just started to get settled.

On a completely different note, Jerry made me dinner last night. Then, I dragged him back to my place to watch a movie (movie was his idea) so that my dog wouldn't be stuck at home alone. And, I slept with him, even though I had it in my mind that I should wait. I just have a hard time putting my desires/needs out there. I mean, granted, I wanted to sleep with him, and it was great and everything. I just missed that first opportunity to practice negotiating needs. Did I mention it was great? He's great. I'm very happy really in these regards. I just need to try again with the negotiation thing; I can want something and express it and converse about it, right? Jeez, why is this so hard?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Marj aka Thriver said...

WOW! You have so much going on in your life! I tried to catch up on some of your posts. sorry haven't been aroundmuch lately--just doing crisis management myself lately. thanks for your kind comments on my blog and fornot giving up on me! I appreciate you! :)

Friday, February 02, 2007 7:59:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Marj. I appreciate you too.

Friday, February 02, 2007 9:11:00 AM  
Blogger Gail Rae said...

Easy, hard, may as well ask why life is life...believe me, you'll get six billion takes on the answer!

Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]