JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Feel Like I'm Losing Everything

Ya know, the reason that I am so sensitive about fighting with Jerry is that I feel like I'm losing everything in my life - I lost Grandma in December; I'm losing Mom; I lost my relationship with my aunt and cousins. It feels like so many things in my life are just slipping through my fingers. I want to be able to ground myself in having the love of another person. When things go wrong with Jerry, it taps into my grief and fear that I'm losing everything.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I've felt like this and I know how powerful it is. Yes, it does make us especially vulnerable and we must treat ourselves with extra TLC during times of great loss and trauma.

That means making sure we are getting the kind of love, comfort, respect and support we need from ourselves and from the important others in our life.

I know that you are continuing on to make a life for yourself. One that is grounded in love, sharing and caring. It's what we must do. Gift yourself with people, sights, and sounds that give you solace and joy. You deserve it.

Friday, August 03, 2007 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks for your support.

Friday, August 03, 2007 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]