JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jerry's Home; Get to Teach MY Class

Jerry finally made it home yesterday, and it felt so good to see him. And to finally be able to have sex again. When we were sitting and talking last night, I felt myself want to burst out crying and tell Jerry about how bad things were with Mom. I kept it in though and noshed on Jerry's french fries and drank some beer to comfort me instead. I didn't want to overwhelm him his first day back. He was talking about getting offered to go back to China again next month already; and I told him that I can't leave the country with things with Mom the way they are. I'd be really sad if he left again, although I know that I need to let him do whatever he needs to do.

I got a job offer today to teach this class that I put together years ago on sexual violence. I'm REALLY excited about it - basically teaching this class is the reason that I am going to become a professor. Its a great opportunity too because the department rarely lets grad students come up with their own classes.

Dad called me today all riled up about some parking spot spiel with my Grandma's condo. I think my sister is trying to egg him on with this. I just tried to calm the situation. I may make a call on his behalf, but hopefully in a couple months, everything with the estate will be settled.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]