JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Little Steps

Mom recognized me today. A staff person told her hello, and she said "this is my daughter" and after stumbling for a bit and almost saying my sister's name, she said my name. She was very happy today seeing my dad. I completely mesmerized how much seeing Dad makes her smile and giggle.

Dad and I spoke today with the director of the facility about how things are there. We said there are three issues: communication, staffing, and supervision. She took notes and later we saw her talking to the floor coordinator, I imagine about the issues we had presented to her.

Mom fell down again today though. She was tripped by someone's walker who was left in the kitchen area. Whoever got her dressed though afterwards did a good job, and she was clearly clean and had her perfume on.

I had my blind date today, which was a bit painful, but I'm glad that I went. Tomorrow, I'm driving to St. Louis to meet my friend from Indianapolis. I'm a bit not into right now, as I'd rather work here and spend more time with my family. But, I think it'll be fun and certainly very nice to see my friend.

One more week here, and then I'm back home!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

I am so sorry you have to go through all that with your mom. I can't imagine how painful that is to see her go through the stages of Alzheimer's. It's good that she's all smiles with your dad. That must have made your dad feel good, too.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO cool your mom recognized you and you were there to cherish the moment! *hug* The support that you and your father provide for her are more valuable than you will probably ever realize.

On another note, dying to hear exactly how painful the blind date was. Enjoy your trip to St.Louis, I'll call you soon!

S.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]