JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Feeling Emotional

In therapy today, I just couldn't stop crying. I talked about how even though I knew not to put too much into things with NJG that I still felt kinda heartbroken. I talked about how hard it is for me to be single and how I have this need to share my life with someone. I talked about being frustrated that I'm struggling with sleep issues and have to be somewhat rigid about going to bed and waking up at a certain time so that I can follow the cognitive behavioral treatment for my insomnia. I've had to start taking medication again to sleep, and I am really wary of it since I had such a hard time stopping before. At the end of the session, I noted that I'm PMSing majorly and about date starting to date.

I've also got a migraine coming on. I tried taking low dose aspirin and 5-htp to prevent it, but it isn't working. I'm going to take some mega combo of advil and tylenol after dinner.

But, Cory called me which makes me feel better. He said that he isn't not calling me that often not because he's not interested in me but just because he's busy. I'm not so sure. But, it is nice to have seeing him in KC to look forward to.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

Understandable that you would be crying. You're dealing with a great deal right now. Each person you are dating is bringing something new and good to your life AND some new challenge. It's going to feel confusing, I suspect, for a while. Especially with what's going on with your mom and dad.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks April. Its important for me to remember this, I think, that each person can bring something new and good to my life and that the challenge that they bring is MY challenge. But, yes, very confusing time.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]