JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Detoxing

So as I mentioned in a previous post, I found out that I'm allergic to wheat. Since I started my wheat free diet about two weeks ago, I've been having all of these weird symptoms. I developed a yeast infection. I felt depressed and then, now, really angry. I've had some intestinal "issues".

I realize that all of these symptoms are about my body detoxing. I think that the anger is actually something that I've held on to inside for years, but been able to really drop in to. Like many women, I have a hard time letting myself feel anger. It quickly turns to depression.

I'm disappointed with my whole dating life. One guy ended up being SOO weird. The other guy is blowing me off completely. As I look back over my past relationships, I notice that many of my partners are so clearly wrong for me. There are very few that I look back on and can honestly say that knowing them as I do now that I really loved them. Often, I idealized them while we were dating and projected the person that I wanted them to be.

While my instinct is to just eat and drink myself into this period passing, I know that the best path is to just let myself do this detox, to let come whatever arises, and then let it pass when its ready.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep at it honey... As a Detox and Allergy queen, I can assure you that this part will pass and you will soon be feeling so much better in your body and soul. You sound SO on course...x

Sunday, May 04, 2008 2:57:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks!

Sunday, May 04, 2008 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger Appa said...

I assume it is possible that the body detox will influence the way you feel as well. It must be hard, but my guess is you are on the right track. Hang in there Karma.

Sunday, May 04, 2008 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]