JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Wheat Free Bread -- Seeking Recipes

I was diagnosed a few months ago with a wheat allergy BUT I'm not allergic to gluten. Its been pretty rough finding food to eat, especially because I also have to limit dairy, no coffee, and am hypoglycemic so try to limit my sugar intake. Augh!

To treat myself to an early birthday present, I bought myself a Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker. And now, I'm seeking recipes! I'm surprised to find out that it is somewhat rare to be allergic to wheat but not gluten. Most recipes that I've found out there for wheat free bread is ALSO gluten free. And now offense to those of you who are allergic to gluten, but the gluten free stuff tends to be a bit gross. Plus, a lot of those whole grains that you're allergic to are actually good for me.

SO, here's my call: if you have a recipe for a wheat free bread, preferably one made in a bread maker, please post it or link to it on this post.

Here are the ones I've found so far:
Amaranth, Quinoa, and Buckwheat bread
Corn and Quinoa Bread

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

Wow. That's a tough one. Even the rye breads and such that I know about include some whole wheat flour. Let us know what you find.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]