JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Some Good Times

Well my loyal blog readers, not to fear: my life is going alright these days, despite the fact that my mother's last days loom in the future. I am arranging to travel to Kansas City for a month, to have my kitchen remodeled while I'm gone, to bring my dog with me and somehow drive us both by myself, pack up whatever's left at my dad's....Earlier this week, I had a horrible 3 day migraine, in part from all of the stress.

At the same time, I'm still dating Larry, and he continues to make me happy. I just successfully defended my dissertation proposal, with flying colors by the way. There was an argument about WHO would help get my dissertation published as a book. Two of the scholars that I work with took me out for a very fancy and expensive dinner last night. I have a lot of friends here. I'm working out often at a women's gym that I love. So, on the day to day, things in my life are great. I'm holding in there, although I often cry at night thinking about Mom, and I was very upset the night before my oral defense, knowing that I wouldn't have Mom to call to tell about it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]