JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Appreciating Caregivers

This is a part of a message that my mom's cousin left for me on my cell phone after visiting my mom: "...when we got there [Mom's room] she showed me the book that you made for her and the puzzle. You are really really a treasure. You are so good to [Mom] and I love you for that, for taking such good care of her." "You've done such a nice job all summer long." This made me feel really good.

For information on photo puzzles made especially for people with Alzheimer's, click here. For information on making a memory book, click here. Caregiving is so much easier when people recognize your work. If you know someone who is a caregiver, take the time to acknowledge their efforts today!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

I'm so pleased you got this feedback, Karma! Bless those who bless others with the kindness of their notice!

Friday, October 06, 2006 7:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]