JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Arguments, Ambulances, Seizures, and Pink Eye

Last Friday, Mom was bleeding from her ear. Mom's home called Dad at 5:30 am wanting to call an ambulance, but Dad refused. He told me some story about how she's all okay, and Mom doesn't need to go to the hospital unless she's bleeding profusely.

My sister pointed out that Mom was probably bleeding internally and that this is serious. But Dad wouldn't budge. There's an appointment to see the home doctor on Thursday. My sis and I have been arguing with Dad about getting Mom medical care. But, dad won't budge.

I developed pink eye after having my eye lashes tinted. Dad had pink eye last week or two weeks ago. I think a part of the infection for me is my body trying to tell me to stop over empathizing with Dad. I have to focus on taking care of myself and let go of this focus on him.

This morning, I was awoken by calls from my sister and dad. Mom had a big seizure this morning and was unresponsive so the facility called 911. Dad is pissed that he wasn't called and went to the hospital and took her back to the facility even though Mom had taken a lot of ativan to prevent further seizures and could barely keep her eyes open.

I spoke with Dad's best friend today on the phone about it. She's a nurse. She said that the bleeding last Friday was probably seizure related. And Mom NEEDS to be put on an anti-seizure medication asap. Hopefully Dad will listen.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

(((Hugs))) I am dealing with a situation, too, in which someone else has care of someone I love and I don't agree with the choices that person is making. It's one of the most difficult positions to be in.

Saturday, December 08, 2007 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

It certainly is. I hope yours is going better than mine.

Monday, December 10, 2007 2:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She needs the meds right away. The seizures are so scary.. they almost look as if they are dead. Mom had a seizure and i had to take her pulse and put my cheek to her mouth to make sure she hadnt died. There will be more, even when shes on meds, but once the doctor gets the dosage right they will be less frequent. Mom had one a few weeks ago, the first one since March.
Be Blessed

Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Less frequent would be lovely!

Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]