JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Changed My Flight

After a long day and night of stressing about it, I decided to still go to KC, but just for much less time. I changed my ticket to fly out the 29th instead of the 20th. My sister is going to let me stay at her place even though she won't be there. She also said I can borrow their car. I told her that maybe by then Dad will be in better spirits and will pick me up and let me drive Mom's car (that he clearly keeps only so that I have something to drive when I come to town).

Changing my ticket cost me $143 and renting a car, if I do that will cost $200. A hotel will cost an extra $400-500. The issue isn't that I can't come up with that money, but after traveling already 3 times this year to Kansas City, having to pay $20/day to have my dog watched, cab fare to and from the airport in Santa Barbara, this really adds up.

I'm still not excited to go, and I think that my friends will all be out of town for all or most of that time too, but this is my way to have more time at home and still make it to Kansas City. And now I don't have to stay at Dad's. I still have plans on New Year's without having to stress out about it (although I get a bad feeling about the situation with Cory), I can still spend some time with Mom.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for making a decision, that's really something. Now you can move forward! Sometimes it's hard trying to make a limbo decision, but now you have a little bit of the best of both worlds - and less anxiety since you trip will be cut short. What's up with Cory, you guys doing something for new years or is he dating someone else??

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks. Cory and I have a date for New Year's. He's not dating anyone else as far as I know. It feels good to not only have the decision, but to also have another week to have my own life (or more realistically, to catch up on work that's piled up with these family crises).

Friday, December 14, 2007 5:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad you decided to go, even its a shorter trip. We all need time to ourselves...good for you!!

Friday, December 14, 2007 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

That does add up, doesn't it? I commend you with your commitment to your mother, though. You want the best care for her. That is a wonderful trait in a person-to look out for a parent like that.

Good luck on your plans for New Year's Eve.

Friday, December 14, 2007 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

I'll certainly share my New Year's stories with all of my blog readers.

Friday, December 14, 2007 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

This is all much better. Good solutions all around. Proud of you xx

Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger April_optimist said...

These sound like wise compromises. Good for you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 3:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you must come back and report something salacious about new years, as I'm sure mine will be extraordinarily well behaved! Here on the blog you can kiss and tell anonymously! hahaha!

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks!

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]