JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Family Power Struggles

I just heard back from my sister who had dinner with Mom and Dad out tonight, despite the fact that there's horrible ice on the roads. Apparently Dad finally shared that he's put Grandma's condo on the market under value for a quick sell, and he's paid someone to go in and get rid of all of Grandma's personal effects. We're both really annoyed, especially my sister, who had left some of her own things there last time she went to visit because Dad said he didn't have plans to sell the place right away.

AND after I'm doing all of the research, Dad apparently told my sis that he is planning on ordering the blood test for Alzheimer's. I still have to arrange on my own the early onset genetic testing, but now I have details as to how to go about it.

My sis claims she's going to Florida asap, which means that she probably won't be in town when I get there. She wants to get to Grandma's condo before it sells, even if the stuff is gone.

So now I feel like there are these huge power struggles going on - Dad's not being honest, sis is focused on herself. But, Dad is certainly not communicating well with either me or my sister, and I'm really sick of his manipulating behavior. I'm sick of him keeping me in the dark. I'm frustrated that he's been going forward spending his time on the condo when Mom's had such health issues, and he's been using the excuse that he doesn't have time to get her proper care.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -
I'm so sorry things are going down this way. A lot can happen in 10 days...I hope the waters calm a bit before your visit. Sounds like dad's trying to move on quickly but seems to forget how his decisions affect you girls. I'm sure you will keep reminding him that you guys care and have real feelings about the situation too. Keeping you in my good thoughts today! Hang in there.

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Augh! Unlikely that things will calm, but a lovely thought. He doesn't seem to think about how things affect anyone but him.

Monday, December 10, 2007 2:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a much needed talk with him whan you get there...tell him your honest opinion on the situation. It might not help but at least he will know whats on your mind and in your heart.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]