JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

MEME - Blogging

Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
The way my blog looks reminds me of the movie "I Heart Huckabees" with the darkness and the dots. It almost represents consciousness. I do wonder if it is hard to read sometimes. I love the contents of my blog; please, I've written it all! And I love all of the comments.

Does your family know about your blog?
No no no no. Will they ever? No.

Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
My blog is a very private thing. I have told some of my closest, oldest, and dearest friends about it. Some of them comment from time to time. I think that my friend Sanchi and I have become closer because of my blog. Others of my friends I have mentioned the blog to, but they never mention it to me, which is a bit odd; sometimes I wonder if they bother to read it. See more about all of this in an earlier post.

Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try to discover new blogs?
I always look at the blogs of those who comment on my blog. I'm not necessarily the read a WHOLE blog kinda gal, but I like to read the recent stuff. I become pretty committed to checking the blogs of people who are supporting me. Sometimes, I also get the inclination to find blogs that deal with a new issue that I'm thinking about.

Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.
My blog definitely positively affects my mind. It is very calming for me to blog, especially when I'm feeling particularly anxious or upset or confused; once I get it down here, I don't have to carry it with me anymore, so blogging helps me let things go. It also helps me process and stay on track. When I get comments, I feel supported, especially with a couple people who have posted lengthy comments to my blog on their own blogs...I really feel like I'm in dialogue.

What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?
Please, the number of visitors to my blog = my self worth. No, I'm just kidding. But, I do have a traffic counter which can be found at the bottom of my blog. I currently get about 10-20 visitors per day according to a weekly email that the traffic counter spiely deal sends me.

Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
Some other bloggers have pictures, so it isn't hard to imagine what they look like. Sometimes, it is strange for me to realize that there is a big age difference between me and some of the other caretaker bloggers, which makes sense since my mom has EOAD.

Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
Blogging has certainly helped me. I see that it helps others. So, of course!

Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
I think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community that is connected to the real world, but still outside. I am connected to all of these other bloggers that I have never nor will ever meet. We live in different places in the world, and our paths would never otherwise cross.

Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
They keep me up at night. No, why would they scare me? I tend to avoid those who blog without having much basis for their opinions. And, I tend to blog for personal reasons, not to keep up on politics. But, then again, the personal is political.

Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
I actually really do, especially if it is done in a nice way. My blog is a place for me to get feedback about my thoughts, and not everything that I think can be perfect. I learn from criticism.

Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog if you died?
No.

Which blogger has had the greatest impression on you?
Most recently, the bloggers tagged below.

Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
The purple parrot, who tagged me. She is my soul sister.

Name a song you want to listen to?
This is random, but okay. I guess "Seasons of Love" from the Rent soundtrack.

Tag some people
Jerusalem Joe
Gail
Bailey
Keith

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Interesting questionnaire. Some of the questions surprised me, especially the one about wondering what would happen to one's blog if one died. Oddly, I think about that occasionally; I keep my passwords well hidden so that only attrition of ISP service will kill it. Someone gave this one a lot of thought.
Thanks for tagging me yet again, Karma. I'm honored to know I've had an impression on you. The feeling is mutual.

Friday, October 20, 2006 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

I look forward to seeing what you have to say about all of this. I'll keep checking your blog for your answers.

Saturday, October 21, 2006 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

Whoa! Now guess which song our a capella group is about to start performing, soul sis?!

Great answers! So glad that blogging has done this much for you...

Saturday, October 21, 2006 3:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just posted my answers. Now to rest my typing fingers...

Monday, October 23, 2006 6:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]